Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Quotable Quotes


I was out running the other day (what else!) and one of the following quotes (can’t remember which!) came to mind…another followed, and then another. I decided to compile and share a list of some of my favorites. Some are profoundly thought provoking, others are downright funny – especially the ones by Steve :).

Enjoy!


“It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard everyone would do it. That’s what makes it great.” – Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

“You run like a GIRL!” – Steve Aubrecht

“You can’t coach desire.” – Jennifer Harrison

“A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.” – Abigail Van Buren

“Prayer is what you would’ve asked for had you seen everything God sees.” – Tim Keller

“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine

“You can’t fake the distance.” – Jerome Harrison

“You don’t see no hearses with luggage racks.” – Don Henley

“That’s gonna leave a mark.” – Chris Farley in Tommy Boy

“The Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today and my tiny little nipples went to France…I do da cha-cha like a sissy girl…” – Steve Carrell in Bruce Almighty

“We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t even like.” – Anonymous

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son…” – God

“Shut your pie-hole woman!” – Steve Aubrecht

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi

“Everyone has the desire to win, but only champions have the desire to prepare.” – Anonymous

“HTFU!!” – Jennifer Harrison

“Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Self-righteousness is the last idol that is rooted from the heart” before becoming a Christian. – George Whitfield

“In a week, I train the same or less than the average person spends watching TV.” – Catherine Button

“I know God created me for a purpose, but He also made me fast; and when I run I feel His pleasure.” – Eric Liddell, Chariots of Fire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA Catherine! This is super - loved the quotes!! Jen H. ;)